Series 4VT Vertical Tubeless Steam Boiler
The compact, space saving vertical four-pass shock-proof design has no tubes to loosen or burn out. The Hurst Vertical Tubeless Boiler allows convenient access to "eye high" burner and solid-state controls for trouble free operation. Factory assembled and fully automatic. UL and ASME CSD-1 approved. Simple and inexpensive to install.
- The gases leaving the furnace are split four ways and travel through four individual serpentine fin passages to the stack outlet.
- Each quarter of the heat travels its own four-pass path (see illustration below).
- Heat transfers evenly to the fins and boiler shell, eliminating the metal stress due to uneven heat transfer common in other designs.
More Steam Storage
- Capacity to handle swing and spike loads – quick recovery - quick response.
- The larger steam-release surface is calmer, reducing carry over of unevaporated water.
- The resulting drier steam also reduces system scaling.
- In addition, dry steam helps to eliminate unnecessary extra condensate. Energy and fuel are saved. Longer life results.
- The waterside openings are located in the most effective positions. The lower handholes offer far better access for both cleanout and inspection.
- These more functional locations avoid the obstructing handhole “tunnels" used by our competitors.
- The top opening offers a strategic view of the furnace crown sheet.
- The Hurst 4VT Cyclone is available in a complete package with an optional compact boiler-mounted feedwater system for a finished wired and piped, ready-to-fire unit.
- Blowdown separators are also available.
Options and Alternatives
Hurst specializes in customizing your boiler. The Cyclone can be equipped to suit a wide variety of installations and specifications. We will help direct you to the most cost-effective models and features.