909RPDA Reduced Pressure Detector Assembly, Cast Iron
Series 909RPDA Reduced Pressure Detector Assemblies prevent the reverse flow of fire protection system substances from being pumped or siphoned into the potable water supply. The 909RPDA incorporates a meter to detect ground leaks and unauthorized illegal taps, greatly reducing annual water expenses. It consists of an epoxy-coated cast iron body with stainless steel trim, bronze gate valves, a pressure-differential relief valve, shutoff valves, and bronze ball-type test cocks. Series 909RPDA provides maximum flow at low pressure drop utilizing the "air-in/water-out" design principle for protection during emergency combined backsiphonage and backpressure conditions.
- Replaceable bronze seats
- Maximum flow at low pressure drop
- Compact for economy combined with performance
- Design simplicity for easy maintenance
- Furnished with 5⁄8" x 3⁄4" (16 x 19mm) meter
- Air-in/Water-out relief valve design provides maximum capacity during emergency conditions.
- No special tools required
Detects leaks . . . with emphasis on the cost of unaccountable water; incorporates a meter which allow the water utility to:
- detect leaks that historically create great annual cost due to waste
- provide a detection point for unauthorized use. It can help locate illegal taps
Modular check design concept facilitates maintenance and assembly access.
All sizes are standardly equipped with AWWA epoxy coated, UL/FM listed OSY resilient seated gate valves, CFM (cubic feet per minute) or GPM (gallon per minute) meter and ball type test cocks. A pressure differential relief valve is located in a zone between the check valves.
Ask a Question
** Territory restrictions apply for most products.
See product datasheet for additional details