Chesterton has released a revolutionary high-performance machine lubricant that is both readily biodegradable and worker-safe.
Chesterton is pleased to announce a one-for-all 650 Advanced Machinery Lubricant (AML) for chain, pneumatics and other machinery assemblies in industrial, and food and beverage markets. It is formulated with a unique food grade plant-derived ester blend, making it a high performing, readily biodegradable, environmentally friendly, and worker-safe lubricating oil. 650 AML provides outstanding protection against wear in valves, pistons and other pneumatic components. It cleans and removes gums and varnish while lubricating chains, ropes and other machinery assemblies.
Chesterton 650 AML is made from a plant-derived, natural and synthetic ester blend that is suitable for general industrial, food and beverage and pharmaceutical applications.
650 is NSF H1 certified and is free of any animal fats, oils, and animal derived by-products.
- Air Actuated Valves
- Pneumatic Cylinders, Solenoids and Positioners
- Conveyor Chains, Slideways, and Wire Ropes
- Air Mist or Oil Injected Lubricated Bearings, and Equipment
- Assembly, Packaging and Filling Machines
650 AML has several benefits when used for lubrication of pneumatics, chains, ropes or machinery assemblies:
- Environmentally safe plant derived ester technology; readily biodegradable
- Low mist hazard; low odor
- Self-cleaning; removes residue and sticky build up
- Low coefficient friction of 0.05 (ASTM D3233), significantly reduces power consumption
- Reduces wear, scar diameter of 0.395 (ASTM 3233), prolongs equipment life
- Silicone free; Safe on all metals, most polymers and plastics
- NSF H1 certified, allowed to use in food, beverage and pharmaceutical industry
650 AML is intended for all industries. It will prove significantly beneficial in the industries where the pneumatic applications require high moisture absorption and dry chain applications require high weld carrying and excellent cleaning ability.
Intended areas of use are, but not limited to:
- Robotic, automated and process controlled pneumatic systems containing pneumatic cylinders, solenoids, actuators, valves, presses, air tools, etc.
- Assembly/conveyor chains: Such as automotive assemblies, general manufacturing (white goods, tire and rubber, pulp and paper) and lubricant applied by automatic mist or spray lubrication systems
- Wire rope, cables and hoists for cranes, lifts and conveyors
- Air mist lubrication of bearings for higher speed; hot services to 200c depending on bearing size and rpm